Back to school can be a crazy time for students and parents! From back to school shopping to getting back into a daily routine, it may be difficult for eye care professionals to market their services during this busy time. However, eye care should be a priority for students before school time approaches. According to Prevent Blindness America, one in four school-age children have vision problems that if left untreated, can affect learning ability, personality and adjustment in school.
Eye care professionals should remind their patients to schedule routine comprehensive eye exams with their doctors.
A great way to inform children, young adults, and parents is through social media platforms:
- A practice can tweet eye health tips, eye facts, and reminder messages to get eyes checked before the school year begins. Twitter is a beneficial platform because messages are short and straight to the point.
- Change your Facebook profile picture and cover photo with intriguing images to advertise contact lenses, frames, and discounts.
- Update Facebook posts 2-3 times a week with eye health articles and why it’s essential to get eye exams.
- Provide a small gift or discounts for patients’ visits and inform patients of these specials through Facebook posts and tweets.
- Additionally, update the practice’s main website with seasonal discounts and reminder messages.
Learning ability goes hand in hand with visual skills. Despite it being a busy time, late summer is actually a great time to emphasize the importance of eye care and its relation to success at school. Use these techniques to inform patients and help give them a spectacular start to the school year!