The Student Myopia Leadership Society provides a special opportunity for an optometry student at each school and college of optometry in the United States who may be interested in being a future leader in myopia management. The student will learn more about the stakeholders in myopia management, improve their grasp on myopia management science and gain insights into what a successful myopia management practice looks like. An integral part of the program will be completing the MiSight® 1 day certification as well as becoming familiar with the entire CooperVision® myopia management product portfolio. The student will work with CooperVision’s academic sales representative, myopia management specialist (MMS), and/or a member of the academic affairs team to identify and facilitate opportunities for CooperVision to sponsor and participate in school activities.
Benefits of the Program
- Two $750 travel grants to enhance optometric education:
- American Academy of Optometry (AAO) Annual Meeting
- Your choice of one of the following:
- Global Specialty Lens Symposium (GSLS)
- Vision by Design (VBD)
- Global Myopia Symposium (GMS)
- $500 stipend.
- Opportunity to connect with CooperVision Best Practices Honorees and other Optometric Leadership.
- Communicate the needs of current students and future optometrists to CooperVision.
- In-person and virtual networking with other students in the CooperVision myopia and contact lens leadership society.
- Showcase participation in program through industry promotion.
- Opportunity to contribute to ECP Viewpoints℠ articles.
How the Program Works
CooperVision invites each school and college of optometry in the United States to select a student to serve a one-year term.
In addition to the benefits outlined above, the student may be called upon to maintain the diagnostic fit sets of MiSight® 1 day, Paragon CRT®, and iSee® as instructed by their Contact Lens Director. Additional duties include sharing upcoming initiatives, product updates, scholarship opportunities and events with their classmates and other class years.
The student will serve a one-year term that begins shortly after the start of the academic school year. All Student Myopia Leadership Society selections must be received from the Contact Lens Director at each School and College of Optometry by the end of August.
Who Is Eligible?
Any optometry student from the third-year class can be selected by their faculty.
The Contact Lens Director submits their selection for the Student Contact Lens Leadership Society to firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative from Professional & Academic Affairs will send a contract to the student to confirm and finalize the selection.