The Student Contact Lens Leadership Society is intended to provide an opportunity for an optometry student at each school and college of optometry in the United States who may be interested in pursuing a career in the contact lens industry. The student will learn more about the contact lens industry, enhance their contact lens education and gain insight on OD employment opportunities in industry post-graduation. The student will also have a number of opportunities to connect with CooperVision® leadership, collaborate with their peers and learn from leaders in the optometric profession. The student will work with CooperVision’s sales representatives and members of the professional and academic affairs team to identify and facilitate opportunities for CooperVision to sponsor and participate in educational opportunities.
Benefits of the Program
- Two $750 travel grants to enhance optometric education:
- American Academy of Optometry (AAO) Annual Meeting
- Global Specialty Lens Symposium (GSLS)
- $500 stipend.
- Opportunity to connect with CooperVision Best Practices Honorees and other Optometric Leadership.
- Engagement opportunities with CooperVision leadership to help shape the needs for current students and future optometrists.
- Showcase participation in program through industry promotion.
- Opportunity to contribute to ECP Viewpoints℠ articles.
- Informational interview opportunities with optometrists affiliated with CooperVision in various roles from research to regulatory to clinical affairs.
How the Program Works
In addition to the benefits outlined above, students may be called upon for on-site duties, such as maintaining the diagnostic lens sets, supplying fitting guides or other product-specific tasks as needed. Additional duties will include sharing upcoming initiatives, product updates and scholarship opportunities with their classmates.
The student will serve a one-year term that begins in the fall, shortly after the start of the academic school year. All Student Contact Lens Leadership Society selections must be received from the Contact Lens Director at each School and College of Optometry by the end of August.
Who Is Eligible?
CooperVision invites each school and college of optometry in the United States to select a student from either the second- or third-year class to serve for a one-year term.
The Contact Lens Director submits their selection for the Student Contact Lens Leadership Society to email@example.com. A representative from Professional & Academic Affairs will send a contract to the student to confirm and finalize the selection.