In its continued mission to drive awareness about myopia and progressive myopia, CooperVision is encouraging parents to take their child for a comprehensive eye exam before the first day of school and ask about MiSight® 1 day when discussing nearsightedness with their eye care professional (ECP) for their age-appropriate child*.
Here are the top five things to know about the new, parent-focused, myopia education campaign:
1. The Message to Parents is “Take Action Now; Schedule and Eye Exam for your Child.”
Timed to a tee with back-to-school season, the parent education campaign includes targeted outreach across major mainstream, online, and social media platforms on both a national and regional scale, all with the same “time is of the essence” underlying message: Take action now, and schedule and eye exam for your child.
2. It’s Part Two of the “Make Children’s Sight Your FightTM” Initiative.
On the heels of the enthusiastic response to the earlier ECP-focused launch of the “Make Children’s Sight Your FightTM” campaign and practitioners’ heightened commitment to early treatment, the consumer phase provides parents and caregivers with the resources they need to understand the disease and help them identify and connect with thousands of MiSight® 1 day-certified ECPs across the country.
3. Its Call to Action Helps Lead Families to Your Practice and CooperVision’s Online Resources.
The campaign targets parents with myopia and those with age-appropriate children with myopia, driving families to ECP offices, and steering them to MiSight® 1 day’s social channels, , for a vast array of educational resources.
4. The Multifaceted National Campaign Increases Awareness of Myopia Control Options.
5. Now’s the Time to Amp Up on Resources for Your Practice.
Additional MiSight® 1 day materials are available for ECPs, who are encouraged to enhance their in-office educational resources in conjunction with the campaign. ECPs can also share their commitment to myopia control and the news that they are MiSight® 1 day certified prescribers on their social media accounts and practice websites to heighten visibility with prospectivfamilies who’ve seen the campaign. CooperVision Myopia Management Specialists are available for additional support resources and further questions.
* Indications for Use: MiSight® 1 day (omafilcon A) soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses for daily wear are indicated for the correction of myopic ametropia and for slowing the progression of myopia in children with non-diseased eyes, who at the initiation of treatment are 8-12 years of age and have a refraction of -0.75 to -4.00 diopters (spherical equivalent) with ≤ 0.75 diopters of astigmatism. The lens is to be discarded after each removal.