PLEASE NOTE: Application Submission Date Extended to June 12, 2020
We put ideas into action
CooperVision is dedicated to raising the bar on product excellence and creating the next generation of contact lenses. To accomplish this, we maintain a strong commitment to advanced research and development.
The goal of the Science and Technology Award Program is to bring award recipients and CooperVision scientists together to explore new areas of technology advancement. Proposals should demonstrate significant potential for research discoveries within CooperVision key focus areas for 2020. We recognize and highly value the need to find the best ideas that have the potential to deliver benefits to people across the globe.
2020 Focus Areas
The key focus areas for 2020 are:
- Technologies to enhance the optical functionality of contact lenses for the correction of Presbyopia
- Strategies and Interventions to Slow Myopia Progression; with emphasis on:
- New technologies for treatment and management of myopia progression
- Myopia control solutions that are effective for fast progressors
- Understanding environmental variables/factors that may initiate and prolong myopia progression
- Intelligent systems and big data approaches for identifying eyes at risk of developing myopia
Research proposals may span proof-of-concept through translational stages. For this purpose, two types of awards are offered:
CooperVision Seedling Award
The CooperVision Seedling Award is intended for investigation of early stage concepts for a one-year period, with a maximum grant of $100,000.
CooperVision Translational Research Award
The CooperVision Translational Research Award is a two-year grant for substantive projects with funding up to $400,000. It is intended to incentivize collaboration with CooperVision in new research areas.
Any researcher with Principal Investigator (PI) status holding a MD, OD, or PhD is eligible to apply. Applicants, such as postdoctoral fellows, with a waiver of PI status must submit appropriate documentation before funding can be received.
Submission of a Letter of Intent (LOI)
Applicants must submit a LOI before June 12, 2020. If the LOI is accepted, applicants will be notified and invited to submit a full proposal.
Upon approval of the LOI, applicants may submit a full proposal. The complete proposal must be submitted by the deadline July 31, 2020.
Please contact STAward@coopervision.com with questions.