We at CooperVision would like to remind everyone that December is “Safe Toys and Gifts Month”. It is important to keep children’s safety in mind when Holiday shopping; be sure to follow the tips listed below when purchasing gifts for children:
- Always follow age recommendations when purchasing gifts for children.
- Keep the ages of younger siblings in mind when choosing a gift, always air on the side of caution when there are younger siblings in the household. ¹
- Choose toys that may inspire creativity and imagination; these toys will make learning fun.
- Select toys and gifts that encourage visual development; this will build a child’s spatial awareness.¹
Here are some last minute gift ideas listed by age group recommended by www.gifts.com that are considered eye-friendly and will help build visual awareness:
- Age: 0 to 11 mos. Chicco Fun Travel Activity Nest Colorful and great for traveling.
- Age: 1 to 3 years. Fat Brain Toy Tobbles Round shape makes this safer than your average building block set.
- Age: 3 to 5 years. Fisher-Price Kid-Tough See Yourself Camera (available in boy or girl colors) Built tough to withstand dropping, this camera is a great for building visual creativity.
- Age: 6 to 9 years. LeapFrog LeapPad Explorer Game System Comes loaded with many games, also includes a camera which is video capable. Great for learning and encouraging visual ingenuity.