Digital device use is growing rapidly. In the 4 years from 2011 to 2015…
Smartphone ownership has nearly doubled1
Tablet computer ownership has more than quintupled1
Not surprisingly, as a result of growing digital device use:
- Over 90% of adults spend 2 hours or more per day on digital devices2
- Over 50% of 18-29 year olds spend 9 or more hours a day using digital devices2
- 64% of adults say they do the majority of their reading on digital devices3
- 70% use 2 or more digital devices at a time4
Yet 90% of patients do not talk with their eye care professional about digital device use!5
That needs to change. Especially now that you have Biofinity Energys™ to prescribe for your sphere lens wearers.
Biofinity Energys contact lenses are the world’s only lenses with Digital Zone Optics® lens design—supporting wearers’ eyes, on-screen and off.
Find out more about Biofinity Energys®, the lenses specifically designed for your patients’ digital lifestyles.
1. Anderson M. Technology device ownership: 2015. Pew Research Center. Available at: http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/10/29/technology-device-ownership-2015. Accessed July 6, 2016.
2. YouGov. European eye fatigue study. April 2016.
3. American Optometric Association (AOA). 2015 American Eye-Q® survey results.
Available at: http://www.aoa.org/documents/newsroom/2015_AmericanEye-Q_surveyresults.pdf. Accessed July 11, 2016.
4. The Vision Council. Eyes overexposed: the digital device dilemma; 2016 digital eye strain report. Available at: https://www.thevisioncouncil.org/sites/default/files/2416_VC_2016EyeStrain_Report_WEB.pdf. Accessed July 11, 2016.
5. The Vision Council. “Eyes Overexposed: The Digital Device Dilemma: 2016 Digital Eye Strain Report.” Available at: https://www.thevisioncouncil.org/sites/default/files/2416_VC_2016EyeStrain_Report_WEB.pdf. Accessed March 10, 2016.