MyDay® toric Range Will Match Biofinity® toric
SAN RAMON, Calif., September 12, 2022 — CooperVision—a global leader in toric contact lenses1—has announced its latest parameter expansion for MyDay® toric, increasing its current range by nearly 70%. With the additional prescription options, MyDay® toric will match the industry-leading range of Biofinity® toric2, enabling eye care professionals to fit more than nine out of 10 of their patients with astigmatism in a silicone hydrogel 1-day lens.3 The full range will be available in the United States next month.
“Through our partnership with eye care professionals, we understand that they want the freedom of choice for their patients. For years, CooperVision has set the gold standard for toric contact lenses4. Now, that continuous innovation enables ECPs to offer their patients with astigmatism a MyDay® daily disposable contact lens in the same, unmatched range5 of Biofinity® toric,” said Michele Andrews, OD, Vice President of Professional and Government Affairs, Americas, CooperVision.
MyDay® toric will be available in 4,392 prescription options with the following parameters:
Sphere Power (DS)
Plano to -6.00D (0.25D steps)
+0.25D to +6.00D (0.25D steps)
Around the clock, 10-180°
-6.50D to -10.00D (0.50D steps)
+6.50D to +8.00D (0.50D steps)
CooperVision’s MyDay® toric lenses combine the proven optic design features6 of Biofinity® toric—the most prescribed toric lens on the market7—with the premium silicone hydrogel 1-day material of MyDay®. This revered toric technology4, called Optimized Toric Lens Geometry™, provides uniform horizontal thickness, a large toric optic zone, a smooth, continuous ballast and an optimized ballast toric design for a stable, comfortable fit.
In addition, the MyDay® family of lenses is made with Aquaform® Technology, which provides a unique balance of high oxygen permeability, a naturally wettable material, and optimum modulus. The lens provides ease of insertion and built-in UV blocking (86% of UVA and 97% of UVB rays*), helping to minimize the transmission of harmful UV rays.
“With the wide range of parameters that will soon be available in MyDay® toric, I will be able to fit nearly any patient in the lens, regardless of their prescription.3 And because it features the same toric lens design as Biofinity® toric, I know that I’m going to get a stable fit nearly every time8,” said Michael Shaheen, OD, of Hills and Dales Vision in Canton, Ohio. “My patients love to wear MyDay® toric and for me, it saves chair time because it is so quick and easy to fit9.”
To help streamline the fitting process and minimize chair time, CooperVision also offers the OptiExpert™ fitting app.10 The easy-to-use app includes a toric calculator which calculates and suggests the recommended diagnostic CooperVision toric contact lens for the individual patient.
“With 100% of Biofinity® toric’s parameters available in MyDay® toric, we have no doubt that the additional parameters will make this lens an even more valuable asset in the practitioner’s toolbox,” said Dr. Andrews.
For more information about MyDay® toric, visit https://coopervision.com/practitioner/our-products/myday-family/myday-toric.
# # #
1. CVI data on file 2022. Combination of 2021 market research based on global volume data and internal estimates.
2. CVI data on file 2021. Based on number of monthly SiHy toric prescription options available in the USA reported by the 4 main manufacturers and Biofinity XR toric SKUs.
3. CVI data on file 2021; Rx coverage database n=83,540 eyes; 14 to 70 years; coverage for 95%.
4. CVI data on file, 2020. Kubic Online Survey of ECPs in US, Germany, Spain, Japan and South Korea. Total weighted sample n = 549. Significantly higher than toric lens brands from Johnson & Johnson Vision, Alcon and Bausch + Lomb; p<0.05.
5. CVI data on file, 2021. Based on number of prescription options available in the USA across all soft 1-day toric lenses as reported by the 4 main manufacturers.
6. Hamed Momeni-Moghaddam et al. Comparison of fitting stability of the different soft toric contact lenses. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2014; 37(5):346-350.
7. CVI data on file, 2021. US industry reports and internal estimates.
8. CVI data on file 2020; review performance from 10 soft toric CL studies that include MyDay toric, Biofinity toric, Avaira Vitality® toric and clariti 1 day toric; n=418 subjects for OTLG lenses and 35 subjects for clariti 1 day.
9. Momeni-Moghaddam H et al. Comparison of fitting stability of the different soft toric contact lenses. CLAE 2014;37(5):346-350. Optimized Toric Lens Geometry® lens compared to prism ballast, precision balance, lo torque and accelerated stabilization designs. In primary gaze.
10. Luensmann D et al. Toric lens fitting success supported by an online fitting App. Poster to be presented at NCC/BCLA 2020.
*Warning: UV-absorbing contact lenses are not substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear, such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses, because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. Patients should continue to use UV-absorbing eyewear as directed.
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of contact lenses. The company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly soft contact lenses that feature advanced materials and optics, and premium rigid gas permeable lenses for orthokeratology and scleral designs. CooperVision has a strong heritage of addressing the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia, childhood myopia, and highly irregular corneas; and offers the most complete portfolio of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
CooperCompanies ("Cooper") is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical is committed to advancing the health of women, babies and families with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on medical devices and fertility & genomics. Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., Cooper has a workforce of more than 12,000 with products sold in over 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.coopercos.com.
Heather Kowalczyk, APR
McDougall Communications for CooperVision
(585) 434-2148 or firstname.lastname@example.org