Ease of Access to On-Demand Resources Supports Clinical Education,
Practice Growth and Patient Experience
SAN RAMON, Calif., April 25, 2022—To make contact lens information and training resources widely available and easily accessible to eye care professionals (ECPs), CooperVision has launched its new ECP ViewpointsSM Online Success Center, a one-stop digital education platform. The center’s content can be utilized by everyone in a practice, from optometrists to technicians and staff, as well as optometry students and health care professionals.
The Online Success Center marks an especially significant step forward for CooperVision’s MiSight® 1 day ECP certification program. Increasing the accessibility of myopia and myopia control education aligns with the company’s commitment to advance myopia management as standard of care. Online Success Center users will have the option to become MiSight® certified, preparing them to fit the first soft contact lens FDA-approved* to slow the progression of myopia in children aged 8-12 at the initiation of treatment.†1
Based on requests and feedback from ECPs, the Online Success Center features nine key focus areas:
- Myopia Control: Training on MiSight® 1 day for myopia control in age-appropriate children to support myopia management as the standard of care.
- SiHy 1-Day: Silicone hydrogel contact lens materials and their ocular benefits for patients.
- Toric Contact Lenses: Insights to help meet the needs of patients with astigmatism.
- Multifocals: Multifocal contact lens education to maximize success when fitting patients with presbyopia.
- Science of Contact Lenses: Insights into the science behind contact lenses to improve patient care.
- Technicians, Opticians, and Staff: Training resources for staff, opticians, and eye care technicians.
- Technology in the Eye Care Practice: Improving outcomes and practice success with technology.
- Digital Device Use: Meeting the needs of modern lifestyles by helping address eye tiredness and dryness two common symptoms associated with digital eye strain.
- Sustainability in Practice: Embracing sustainable practices and products to do the most good for our planet —and grow a practice.
- Webinars and Podcasts: Conversations in contact lens care with practitioners and industry thought leaders.
“The pandemic changed the dynamic for how ECPs prefer to consume educational content, with a shift toward online, on-demand training—and it seems that is here to stay,” said Jennifer Palombi, OD, FAAO, Senior Manager of Professional Education and Development, CooperVision. “The ECP ViewpointsSM Online Success Center expands our suite of educational offerings to meet these evolving needs by delivering meaningful instruction for eye care providers who prefer to consume contact lens educational content at their own pace and on their own time.”
To access CooperVision’s Online Success Center, register at www.onlinesuccesscenter.com.
# # #
* U.S. Indications for Use: MiSight® 1 day (omafilcon A) soft (hydrophilic) contact lenses for daily wear are indicated for the correction of myopic ametropia and for slowing the progression of myopia in children with non-diseased eyes, who at the initiation of treatment are 8-12 years of age and have a refraction of -0.75 to -4.00 diopters(spherical equivalent) with ≤ 0.75 diopters of astigmatism. The lens is to be discarded after each removal.
† Compared to a single vision 1 day lens over a 3 year period.
1 Chamberlain P, et al. A 3-year Randomized Clinical Trial of MiSight Lenses for Myopia Control. Optom Vis Sci. 2019;96(8):556-567.
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of contact lenses. The company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly soft contact lenses that feature advanced materials and optics, and premium rigid gas permeable lenses for orthokeratology and scleral designs. CooperVision has a strong heritage of addressing the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia, childhood myopia, and highly irregular corneas; and offers the most complete portfolio of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
CooperCompanies ("Cooper") is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical is committed to advancing the health of women, babies and families with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on medical devices and fertility & genomics. Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., Cooper has a workforce of more than 12,000 with products sold in over 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.coopercos.com.
Maggie Munley, Counselor
McDougall Communications for CooperVision, Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-585-434-2149