Company Invites ECPs to Attend Breakout Talks and Visit New Learning Lounge
LAS VEGAS, January 23, 2019—The CooperVision Specialty Eyecare Division is celebrating its first anniversary with a slate of educational and information opportunities for eye care professionals at the 2019 Global Specialty Lens Symposium (GSLS), which opens tomorrow at the Tropicana Las Vegas resort.
The company is hosting multiple breakout sessions designed to benefit practitioners, staff and the growing number of patients wearing specialty contact lenses. These include:
- CooperVision Specialty Eyecare Division Introduction and Update by Juan Carlos Aragón, OD, president of the group on Thursday, January 24, from 12:45 – 1:15 p.m. PT in Cohiba 6.
- What We Don’t Know About Myopia by Maria Liu, OD, PhD, MPH, MBA, FAAO, the founder and chief of the Myopia Control Clinic at the University of California, Berkeley on Friday, January 25, from 4 – 5 p.m. PT in Cohiba 11.
- Paragon Vision Sciences Update, led by Rich Jeffries, its president, on Saturday, January 26, from 7 – 7:30 a.m. PT in Cohiba 7.
- Paragon CRT Dual Axis® Overview by Leah Johnson, OD, FAAO, director of Clinical Services, on Saturday, January 26 from 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. PT in Cohiba 7.
- Blanchard Contact Lenses: Total Control of Scleral Lens Design & Fit for Ultimate Vision Performance and Comfort with Onefit™ MED, by Kriti Bhagat, OD, FAAO and Thomas P. Arnold, OD, FSLS, on Saturday, January 26 from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
In addition, CooperVision will unveil its practitioner-focused Learning Lounge on the exhibit floor (see attached schedule), as well as a newly-designed Specialty EyeCare Division customer booth.
Las Vegas will also welcome CooperVision’s annual educators meeting in conjunction with GSLS, bringing together contact lens professors from nearly two dozen schools and colleges of optometry across North America. The organization’s Professional and Academic Affairs team will share updates regarding its multiple hands-on collegiate optometric programs for students and faculty.
The company’s significant presence at GSLS comes on the heels of its acquisition of Blanchard Contact Lenses earlier this month, as well as its Paragon Vision Sciences unit announcing professional staff expansion in five U.S. regions, citing rising practitioner demand for myopia education and support.
“GSLS brings together the world’s foremost clinicians, researchers, educators and developers of specialty contact lenses. We’re privileged to partner with many of them to successfully manage a range of ocular conditions using our innovative products, and look forward to deepening and extending these relationships over the next several days,” said Dr. Aragón.
The CooperVision Specialty Eyecare division accelerates eye care professionals’ access to innovative products that help improve the way people see each day, with a focus on the development of myopia management approaches and visual correction of irregular corneas. It encompasses Paragon Vision Sciences, Blanchard Contact Lenses, Soflex, and Procornea, which operate independently while sharing technical, clinical and commercial knowledge, benefitting from CooperVision’s global presence and infrastructure.
# # #
CooperVision Learning Lounge Agenda – 2019 GSLS
Thursday, January 24th
- 5 – 6 pm: Succeeding with Multifocals, Dr. Brooke Messer
- 6 – 7 pm: Introduction to Fitting CRT, Dr. Leah Johnson & Paragon Technical Consultant Susan Faul
Friday, January 25th
- 12:30 – 1:15 pm: Communicating Applicable Benefits in Families with Children in OrthoK and Learning Top 10 Staff Training Tips for Creating a Myopia Management Practice, Tara O'Grady, ALLDocs
- 1:15 - 2pm: Succeeding with Multifocals, Mark Andre
- 5 – 6 pm: Strategies for Effective OrthoK Management in Practice, Dr. Sheila Morrison
- 6 – 7 pm: Practice Management Resources, Paragon Practice Management Consultants Jon Hudson & Angela Carter
Saturday, January 26th
- 12:30 – 1:15 pm: Enhance Your Treatment Options with CRT Dual Axis, Dr. Leah Johnson & Paragon Technical Consultant Barbara Ehlers
- 1:15 – 2 pm: Using a Chair Time Calculator to Determine Your Fees, Paragon Practice Management Consultants Jon Hudson & Angela Carter
CooperVision, a unit of The Cooper Companies, Inc. (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of monthly, two-week and daily disposable contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism and presbyopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit coopervision.com.
About The Cooper Companies
The Cooper Companies, Inc. ("Cooper") is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper is dedicated to being A Quality of Life Company™ with a focus on delivering shareholder value. Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical is committed to advancing the health of families with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on women’s health, fertility and diagnostics. Headquartered in Pleasanton, Calif., Cooper has more than 12,000 employees with products sold in over 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.coopercos.com.
Mike McDougall, APR, Fellow PRSA
McDougall Communications for CooperVision, Inc.
email@example.com or +1-585-545-1815