Transitions Strengthen Support for ECPs in Americas, EMEA and Asia-Pacific
SAN RAMON, Calif., November 12, 2020—CooperVision Specialty EyeCare today announced the creation of a regional business structure to more closely integrate its portfolio of Paragon, Blanchard, and Procornea specialty contact lens brands and be closer to customers. In conjunction, it has named three executives to regional leadership roles, further strengthening support for the growing number of eye care professionals worldwide who fit specialty contact lenses.
- Arthur Kung is appointed Head of CooperVision Specialty EyeCare China, based in Shanghai. Before accepting this position, he was General Manager, China, Consumer Maternal & Pediatrics for Fonterra, the global dairy nutrition company. Download Arthur Kung’s photo here.
- Alex Lamse becomes Head of CooperVision Specialty EyeCare EMEA, based in Eerbeek, Netherlands. He led Procornea’s expansion in China and continued as managing director following its acquisition by CooperVision. Prior, he served in management roles for ophthalmic device, pharmaceutical, diagnostic and clinical care organizations. Download Alex Lamse’s photo here.
- David Raimondo becomes Head of CooperVision Specialty EyeCare Americas, based in Phoenix, Ariz. He joined CooperVision in 2013 and most recently led the company’s Latin America region. Before that, he held management positions in the pharmaceuticals sector in Europe and Latin America. Download David Raimondo’s photo here.
In conjunction, two highly-respected industry veterans have moved into part-time roles with the company. Both will continue to lend their globally-recognized expertise to the company while transitioning over the next year toward retirement:
- Jean Blanchard has shifted from running operations at his eponymous company to leading development and evolution of CooperVision Specialty EyeCare lenses for irregular cornea, building on his experience with Onefit™ and other keratoconus-focused products.
- Rich Jeffries, who formerly led the Paragon business, is now working alongside the recently-acquired GP Specialists team as part of their CooperVision Specialty EyeCare onboarding, while also developing Asia-Pacific markets outside of China.
“Our expanding portfolio encompasses some of the world’s most beloved and extensively used specialty contact lens brands,” said Juan Carlos Aragón, OD, President of CooperVision Specialty EyeCare. “The new structure and regional leadership will enhance our support for eye care professionals and inspire further products and services innovation. Myopia management, irregular cornea and presbyopia management have significantly untapped potential for the profession and patients. Our goal is for CooperVision to remain at the forefront.”
Customers should experience no near-term changes in ordering, consultation and pricing. As regional integrations progress, CooperVision Specialty EyeCare will provide regular updates to the thousands of eye care professionals it serves.
GP Specialists, which became part of the company in August 2020, remains an aligned yet separately-managed business within CooperVision Specialty EyeCare.
# # #
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of contact lenses. The company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly soft contact lenses that feature advanced materials and optics, and premium rigid gas permeable lenses for orthokeratology and scleral designs. CooperVision has a strong heritage of addressing the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia, childhood myopia, and highly irregular corneas; and offers the most complete portfolio of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
CooperCompanies ("Cooper") is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical is committed to advancing the health of women, babies and families with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on medical devices and fertility & genomics. Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., Cooper has a workforce of more than 12,000 with products sold in over 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.coopercos.com.
Mike McDougall, APR, Fellow PRSA, McDougall Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-585-434-2150