SAN RAMON, Calif., August 19, 2020—Following the nationwide availability of its new Biofinity® toric multifocal contact lenses, CooperVision has developed a three-part webinar to provide eye care professionals deeper insight into the lens technology, how to best ensure successful fitting, and initial feedback from some of the first prescribers.
The webinar is available to view on demand at onlybiofinity.com. For convenience, it is divided into three 10- to 15-minute chapters focused on the following:
- Behind the Scenes with R&D. In the first chapter, practitioners can get a behind-the-scenes look at the development of Biofinity® toric multifocal and learn more about the technology that powers the lens. This overview is provided by Dr. Lee Hall, BSc, Ph.D., MCOptom, FCBLA, Lead Clinical Scientist and Manager of Clinical Operations in CooperVision Research and Development.
- Fitting Guidance. Next, practitioners will have the opportunity to learn how to successfully fit Biofinity® toric multifocal. Steve Rosinski, OD, Senior Manager, North America Professional and Academic Affairs, CooperVision, discusses how the latest addition to the proven Biofinity® family changes the landscape for fitting these traditionally more-difficult-to-fit lenses. Dr. Rosinski also dives into fitting tips and walks viewers through the fitting guide to set them up for success.
- Insights from Early Adopters of the Lens. The final chapter of the webinar features two optometrists who are currently prescribing the lens. Aaron Werner, OD, who practices at Werner Optometry in El Cajon, Calif., and Josh Rajasansi, OD, who practices at Experts on Sight in Gilbert, Ariz., share their experiences with fitting Biofinity® toric multifocal, their initial impressions of the lens, and how it fits into their practices.
“For many eye care professionals, Biofinity® toric multifocal has been a highly anticipated addition to their clinical toolboxes,” said Michele Andrews, OD, Senior Director of Professional and Academic Affairs, North America, CooperVision. “With the pandemic, we don’t have the same face-to-face opportunities to tell practitioners the story behind this lens, so we developed the webinar to be viewed at their convenience. We hope they will be inspired by the simple fitting guide and encouragement from their peers to bring Biofinity® toric multifocal into their own exam lanes.”
Biofinity® toric multifocal combines the comfort and leading optical designs of Biofinity® toric—the most prescribed toric lens on the market1—and Balanced Progressive® Technology from Biofinity® multifocal that has four distinct ADD powers for more accurate fitting. Like all Biofinity® silicone hydrogel lenses, Biofinity® toric multifocal features CooperVision’s Aquaform® Technology, which offers superb breathability and higher moisture content to keep eyes comfortable and healthy all day.
CooperVision’s made-to-order advantage results in more than 200,000 prescription options2 to ensure eye care professionals have the lens they need to fit nearly 100% their patients3. When following the fitting guide, practitioners successfully fit Biofinity® toric multifocal on the initial attempt 93% of the time.4 Fitting is even easier with the toric and multifocal fitting calculator in CooperVision’s redesigned OptiExpert app, which is free to download in the App Store and Google Play, or can be accessed on the web.
# # #
1. CVI data on file, 2019. US industry reports and internal estimates
2. CVI data on file 2019. Based on total number of prescription option combinations (for sphere, cylinder, axis and ADD - including D & N combinations) manufactured
3. CooperVision data on file 2020. Rx coverage database; 42 to 70 years ≥0.75DC
4. CVI Data on file 2018. Non-dispensing, subject masked, randomized, bilateral, cross-over short-term clinical evaluation. 27 astigmatic, presbyopic soft CL wearers at 2 sites (UK & US) fitted using CVI fit guide
CooperVision, a division of CooperCompanies (NYSE:COO), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of soft contact lenses. The Company produces a full array of daily disposable, two-week and monthly contact lenses, all featuring advanced materials and optics. CooperVision has a strong heritage of solving the toughest vision challenges such as astigmatism, presbyopia and childhood myopia; and offers the most complete collection of spherical, toric and multifocal products available. Through a combination of innovative products and focused practitioner support, the company brings a refreshing perspective to the marketplace, creating real advantages for customers and wearers. For more information, visit www.coopervision.com.
CooperCompanies ("Cooper") is a global medical device company publicly traded on the NYSE (NYSE:COO). Cooper operates through two business units, CooperVision and CooperSurgical. CooperVision brings a refreshing perspective on vision care with a commitment to developing a wide range of high-quality products for contact lens wearers and providing focused practitioner support. CooperSurgical is committed to advancing the health of women, babies and families with its diversified portfolio of products and services focusing on medical devices and fertility & genomics. Headquartered in San Ramon, Calif., Cooper has a workforce of more than 12,000 with products sold in over 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.coopercos.com.
Heather Kowalczyk, APR
McDougall Communications for CooperVision, Inc.
email@example.com or +1-585-434-2148