Congrats to our second round Gear Up Grants winners! We are excited to announce the 10 winning teams:
• AL Stanback Girls Volleyball Team, Hillsborough, N.C.
• Club Olympia Judo, Fond du Lac, Wis.
• Crested Butte Junior Nordic Ski Team, Crested Butte, Colo.
• Grandview High School Swim Team, Columbus, Ohio
• Glades Day School Football Team, Belle Glade, Fla.
• La Porte Midget Cheer Team, LaPorte, Ind.
• Millennium High School Baseball Team, Tracy, Calif.
• Renaissance Magnet High School Weightlifting Program for Self-Esteem, Meridian, Idaho
• Rock Hill High School Boys Basketball Team, Catawba, S.C.
• Whitewater Alberta Slalom Canoe/Kayak Team, Calgary, Alberta
The 10 winning teams will each receive $2,500 in grant funds and each athlete on the team who needs corrective lenses will receive a one year supply of CooperVision contact lenses. Want to learn more about their winners? Click here to read their winning stories.
Sports offer more than just physical activity – they are a source of confidence and personal strength. With teen participation in sports increasing each year, we are proud to continue to support teens in their athletic ambition, while raising awareness of the importance of vision health. "CooperVision is excited to see the positive impact of both the grant money and contacts on our winning teams," said Dennis Murphy, president, the Americas. "We wish them the best."
We launched the second round of the Gear Up Grants program this past July as part of the Contact Sports initiative to help teens gear up for sports and teach them about the relationship between healthy vision and sports performance. To learn more about the Contact Sports program and the Gear Up Grants Round 1 and 2 winners, visit mycontactsports.com.
Congrats to all the Gear Up Grant winners!