While the office of your eye care professional is the best resource when it comes to caring for your lenses, it is easy to forget some of the advice he or she has given you. As a result, the concept of trying to remove a contact lens may seem difficult. The good news is that with a little practice and some tips, you will be handling your lenses like a pro. Here is a helpful video and written tips on how to insert and remove your contact lenses. If you need additional tips on how to remove a contact lens, here are some that may help you:
- Wash your hands with soap and dry with a towel first. This helps prevent the spread of germs and bacteria to your eye.
- In order to ensure easy removal, lubricate the eye with a drop of contact lens rewetting drops.
- Look up and pull your lower lid down.
- Use your index finger to touch and bring lens down to the lower white part of your eye.
- Squeeze the lens with your thumb and index finger gently in order to remove without excessive folding.
- Repeat with the other contact lens
- Remember to remove the contact lenses in the same order so that you don’t get your lenses mixed up.
We hope that these tips help you remove a contact lens easily. If you still seem to have difficulty removing your contact lens, make sure to ask your eye doctor. If you have eye pain, tearing, excessive redness, or eye swelling, contact your eye doctor immediately.